Saturday, October 14, 2006

Earwigging

"He thinks that just because he has lived so long, he's above the law."

One of the two men walking behind me on Lexington Avenue was concerned about his father.

"I asked him about all the tax evasion, and that the trial is coming up. But he just laughed and said, 'live life'. My mother is trying to get him to face up to it, but he just doesn't seem to care."

And then I had reached my destination, and the fascinating conversation passed me by.

Is the father somebody big? Will we be reading about him? Or is he just a small guy who is being squeezed by the IRS?

Oh yes, there's yet another real life story out there. Wish I had walked further along with it.

No comments:

The day trip

“Hi,” the man said as he opened the passenger door and peered in. “Hi,” I replied. “Where you headed?” Back in the mid-1970s, people still h...